With the generous support of the Tikvah Fund, and with a unparalled concentration of expertise, the Centre for Jewish Studies is the premiere location in North America for innovative, world class research and teaching in the area of Jewish Thought, featuring
- World-renowned faculty from the Department of Philosophy, Political Science, and Religion, combining forces to form a unique, interdisciplinary program
- Intensive study of texts and ideas that have emerged from the Jewish experience of revitalizing one's civilization while living in and with diverse cultures and religion
- Critical thinking and vigorous debate, drawing on rigorous methods from three disciplines.
- Illuminating encounters between Jewish traditions and contemporary problems
- Focus on texts and ideas from the entire chronological range of Jewish experience: antiquity, the rabbinic period, the middle ages, and modernity.