Supporting the Centre
To provide our students and faculty with the best academic environment for their education and research, the Centre for Jewish Studies relies on private support or funds that supplement university and government funding.
Located at Canada’s top research university, the CJS is a global centre and the premier location in Canada for:
- Innovative, world-class research in all areas of Jewish Studies.
- Exchanging ideas on matters of concern to the Jewish community.
- Teaching students from all backgrounds about the contributions of the Jewish experience to world civilization and to North American society.
- Educating the next generation of Jewish leaders.
- Training the next generation of Jewish Studies scholars.
Jewish Studies offers an excellent education in resiliency, imagination, and hope at a time when society seems to change continually and when culture must be reinvented repeatedly. Our undergraduate students acquire an advanced understanding of Judaism and Jewishness in the diaspora as well as in Israel, while our graduate students enrich the ways in which Jewish thought, history, and culture around the world are understood.
If you would like to support the Centre for Jewish Studies, please consider donating to one of the following three areas of need:
- Undergraduate programming (with special attention to Hebrew language and literature).
- Graduate student support.
- Library resources and research development.
To find out more, please contact the Director of the Centre for Jewish Studies, Professor Jeffrey Kopstein at 416-978-8131 or email: email@example.com.